These easy choclate nests are the perfect Easter treat. They're simple enough for kids to get involved and they need just a few ingredients
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes, then 20 minutes to set
Calories: 139 kcal per nest
90g Cereal – shredded wheat
100g Dark Chocolate
1 tbsp Golden Syrup
100g Bag of mini eggs or similar
12 Muffin cases
How to make it
- Break up the chocolate and put it in a heatproof bowl, add the butter and golden syrup too.
- Melt it altogether in a microwave
- Meanwhile break the cereal up and put it in a bowl.
- Once the chocolate mixture has all melted pour over the cereal.
- Then mix well until all the cereal is covered in chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases, then using a spoon, flatten the centre, so they resemble a nest shape. Muffin cases seem to work better, as they are bigger, but if you only have fairy cake cases you can use those too. It's just the centre will be smaller and won't hold as many eggs.
- Then place some chocolate eggs, 3 seems to be a good fit into the centre of the nest.
- Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to set. Then your Easter nests are ready to eat and enjoy.